CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Beginning: First Sight

I'd like to start to jot down some notes on how B.J. and I met and became 'us.' Here goes nothing:

I'd love to be able to tell you it was ever so sweet, full of roses and hand-holding and 'sweet nothings' but it isn't. It's much more raw and gritty.

But, such is my life.

The first time I saw B.J. was at a party. I had been feeling lousy and just wanted to stay home and be a blob on the couch and suffer with my 'cold'. But, as luck and posession of a car and driver's license would have it, I was not to be a party pooper that night. My friends H. and J. wanted badly to go to a party across town. I tried to wheedle and whine my way out of driving 'us' to the party, but 'no' was not an answer they'd take. So, off the couch, into a pair of Doc Marten's and away we went.

The party was in a semi-sleazy part of town (the wrong side of the tracks, if you will) and it was full of people I didn't know, didn't care to know, and was generally content to ignore. I was not in a particularly chipper mood. I can remember being introduced to a score of people as I lit my cigarette and glanced around the room. That was when I saw B.J.

I wasn't terribly impressed, to be truthful. B.J. is a nice looking man, but I wasn't exactly 'looking' for anyone at the time. I do remember two things about B.J. from that night: 1) he was considerably 'older' than the rest of the 18-21 year-old crowd (he was 23), and 2) he was very tall and dark.

Beyond that initial meeting, if you could call it that, I didn't take notice of B.J. the rest of the evening. In fact, I wound up with another guy that night, again, not in my initial intentions.




4 comments:

Alida said...

People you didn't want to know and were generally content to ignore.

Have I told you how much I like you? We would've probably hated each other back then, but that only because we were both so darn cool!

Anonymous said...

Love how we 'meet' our husbands...I am diggin' getting to know you, Trez.

I can so totally see you wearing Docs and lighting a cigarette!

Fat Chick said...

Alida--It is funny who we likely would have totally hated when we were younger...and now we find them charming, fun, and generally awesome!

Mrs. Drama--I'm not recognizing your screen name. Now, I'm curious. You clearly 'know' me by name...so email me or something and tell me who you are! It's driving me crazy!!! Inquiring minds deserve to know. ;)~

Glory Laine said...

I'm so in to love stories. Keep it coming.