CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Suzie Home-maker

What a wild ride of a weekend. B.J. worked some monstrously long hours, Parents Night Out was a fiasco (due to his long work hours--I had a PNO with my friend P., rather than my husband), and Peanutzilla lived up to her name (the -zilla part).

It is always when I think life is all neatly planned out and I've got something lined up for every facet of my day (or weekend) that life tends to generally fall apart. Isn't it funny how it happens? Again, I find that cliches are so utterly...cliche! "The best laid plans of mice and men..."

On a more positive note, my dad surprised me with one of his uber cool garage sale finds: A barely used bread maker. Pretty cool beans, huh? I would have never thought to look for a bread maker at a yard sale, but alas, I am not the 'queen of yard sales', in fact, I'm not even a 'lady in waiting' of yard sales. Frankly, I have about no luck. My dad? He has all the luck.

So my new appliance is a: Welbilt_ABM4900 Bread Machine

I LOVE IT!

I have made two whole recipes, count 'em, TWO! in my new machine: Banana (no nut) Bread and Honey-Oat Wheat bread. Both recipes turned out pretty good. The kidlet love the Banana Bread, and keep asking for more (a plus, since I'm trying to help the Peanut put on some weight). And, B.J. loves (have I ever mentioned how picky this man is? Well, if I haven't, he could give any two-year-old a run for their money in pickiness) the Honey-Oat Wheat bread. He thinks it tastes just like the stuff they used to give you to nibble on while you were waiting for your salads to be served a the Black Angus Steak House (they're called Stuart Anderson's nowadays). B.J. actually likes it. It is totally amazing. Remember those old LIFE Cereal commercials, the ones where the one kid says to the other "Mikey likes it!". Yeah. B.J. is like the Mikey of my universe. Can't even begin to tell you how happy I am I have finally found (well, made!) a bread he will eat.

For the Honey-Oat Wheat bread recipe I went to my favorite online recipe book, AllRecipes.com
If you've never perused their cache of lovely recipes, I highly recommend it.

I can hardly wait to try out a new recipe. But, I gotta wait until at least 1/2 of the bread I made is gone. Can't carbo load to heavily.

If you have any favorite recipes for the bread machine, please post a comment of email me, OK? I'd love to try it out.

2 comments:

Glory Laine said...

I'm a no-nut kinda girl too. Yeah us.

Anonymous said...

I love it when my mom makes bread machine bread! How fun for you!

Thanks for the website...I'll check it out, for sure.