CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day



This was sent to me by a friend (all in good humor, of course):

(Comic strip inserted by me)




I was out walking with my 4 year old son. He picked up
something off the
ground and started to put it in his mouth. I took the item
away from him and
I asked him not to do that. "Why?" my son asked. "Because it's
been on the
ground, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has
germs" I
replied. At this point, my son looked at me with total admiration and
asked,
"Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart." I was thinking
quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know
it,
or they don't let you be a Mommy." we walked along in silence for 2 or 3
minutes, but he was evidently pondering this new information. "OH...I get
it!"
he beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy."
"Exactly" I
replied back with a big smile on my face.

To be fair, though, my hubby (and kids) did great this Mother's Day. I was given the gift of sleeping in, then I got up to a quiet (and clean, Hallelujah!) house, and followed my nose to a pot of rich black French roast cafecito. That was followed up by a beautifully hand-written card (in my special spiral-bound holiday/memory book) from B.J. and a brand new pair of Ugg boot shearling slippers.

I am so lucky. And spoiled.

Today, it is good to be a mommy, and it is good to be me.

Thank you to my beautiful family, though I may gripe and complain (and its rumored I've had tantrums from time to time, too), you are the best. I'd not trade you for all the fame, fortune, or luxury in the world. I have been truly blessed.




No comments: